< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://davejustus.com/" >

Thursday, September 09, 2004

Databases vs. Terrorists

Wretchard of Belmont Club has an interesting post on how U.S. forces are using database technology to track, and ultimatly kill terrorists. Since this is my field (databases, not killing terrorists) I find this sort of thing very interesting. I think that Wretchard's database structure leaves a bit to be desired, but that is not really the point of his post, or the point that I find fascinating. It is widely acknowledged that America has moved from being a superpower to a hyper-power. Basically, this is a quick way of saying that we arn't more powerful in kind, we are now more powerful in degree. A huge componant of this power is from information technology. I expect that this trend will increase, rather than decrease in the near future.

2 Comments:

Blogger Man of Issachar said...

"I expect that this trend will increase, rather than decrease in the near future. "

because technology use moves exponentially, amen.

do you know about the matrix, capps, and capps 2?
i have some post i can through your way for an intro if you don't

9/09/2004 08:05:00 AM  
Blogger Dave Justus said...

I am familiar with those, not in huge detail but I have read various articles on them here and there.

9/09/2004 10:33:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home