< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://davejustus.com/" >

Friday, March 04, 2005

A&W reviews Gunner Palace

Andrew Watkins was lucky enough to see an advance screening of Gunner Palace and has posted a review of the movie. Go read his entire review now, you won't be sorry. It is a movie I very much want to see. Andrew also includes this personal note at the end about one reason this movie is so personnel to him:

Two years removed from this conflict, or possibly one quite similar (God, who knows?), this film slashed my tires and made me think long and hard about the impossibilities of this war, of any war. In two years I will swear in, train and take command of 35 men, boys, as young as I am now.
I want to thank Andrew, and all the brave men and women like him who volunteer to serve. Having been a reader of A&W for a while now, I am sure that the men he commands will be in good hands.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home