< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://davejustus.com/" >

Thursday, May 20, 2004

Teachers show Nick Berg beheading video

Article here Personally I did watch the video, just as I made it a point to view the Abu Ghraib photos, but I don’t think that this is something that a teacher should show to students, especially students who are minors. Teachers can discuss this sort of thing in class and bring up all the relevant issues without showing this and the students (and the parents of the students) can decide if they need to see it for themselves.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nome said...

I also watched the video and I concur with your opinion on this. Were my children old enough, I would evalute the emotional state of each child before I made a decision to let them watch it or not. I believe that our children need to know the mentality of who we are up against in the war on terror. However, I don't think showing them anything as horrific as that video is the right way to illustrate it.

5/20/2004 09:35:00 AM  
Blogger Random Gemini said...

I think, if it's that important for the students to understand why we are at war, then why not print out some articles for the class to read about Hussein's treatment of his own people.

That is a far better solution than showing them the Nick Berg video, which I have chosen not to watch.

5/20/2004 12:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home