< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://davejustus.com/" >

Sunday, May 23, 2004

What does a Kerry Presidency mean for the War on Terror?

Dick Morris, who I find to be a facinating character says:

Kerry would bring with him the old, Clintonian view that terrorism is a crime, necessitating massive police action, rather than a threat requiring action against nations that sponsor or harbor terrorists.
I don't know if this is true or not, but I do think that that is exactly what his supporters believe. This election, in my mind, is a referendum on the doctrine of pre-emptive war, viewed through its first implementation, the War in Iraq. As I feel that this doctrine is both correct and necessary so I am strongly in favor of President Bush in this election cycle. Even if Senator Kerry were to decide that a situation needed to be dealt with in a pre-emptive manner I don’t think he would be able to muster the political capital to do it if he was President.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home