< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://davejustus.com/" >

Wednesday, June 23, 2004

The press and the torture memos

Powerline has an interesting post on how the press is handling (ok spinning) the torture memos. He quotes from this article and highlights this section:

"I accept the legal conclusion of the attorney general and the Department of Justice that I have the authority under the Constitution to suspend Geneva as between the United States and Afghanistan, but I decline to exercise that authority at this time," the president said in the memo, entitled "Humane Treatment of al-Qaida and Taliban Detainees."
A few days ago I posted that the most proper course for Bush to have taken would be to find out what he could legally do and then decide what he should morally do. I also expressed my belief that this is exactly what he had done. I am gratified to be proven correct.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home