< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://davejustus.com/" >

Thursday, July 22, 2004

Rewriting History

I read Rewriting History by Dick Morris last night. An interesting read. As the title implies it focuses on stuff the Morris felt should have been in Hillary's book, Living History Obviously Dick Morris is no fan of Hillary Clinton, and as I haven’t read her book it is hard to say for sure the criticisms of what she wrote are correct. That being said I find his description of her book very plausible (one of the main reasons I am not interested in reading her book is that I believe it will contain more spin than fact due to her future ambitions.) It is hard to believe for example, given Bill's history that the truth about Monica came as a surprise to Hillary. She lied to protect her current and future position. This lie probably isn't a big deal, and is entirely understandable but the book I want to read by her would be a more accurate version of the truth. Morris believes that Hillary has a lot of similarities to Nixon. He basically presents her as being driven, with powerful ideological goals but also insecure and paranoid. He tone is more that rather than be feared she should be pitied (and in no way allowed to run the country.) Like I said Dick Morris is an enemy of Hillary so taking what he writes with a grain of salt is smart. I respect his political instincts though and expect that if you want to defeat Hillary you are better off casting her as a weak paranoid person than a cast iron evil bitch. The former plays to the fears of the moderates while that latter just encourages the 'I hate Hillary' crowd who would never vote for her anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home