< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://davejustus.com/" >

Friday, August 27, 2004

Censorship

Jacob Sullum has a great article in Reason Online about the attempts to silence the 527s.

Observers dismayed by the bitter partisanship of this presidential campaign should be happy now that George W. Bush and John Kerry finally agree on something: It turns out they both believe in using the government to silence their critics.
Now I'm not totally happy with the laws governing 527s. I think that they should be able to say positive as well as negative things about a candidate. I think that they should be able to coordinate with a campaign if they so choose. I say this even though the Democrats would probably benefit more than Republicans from this. I believe in free speech.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home