< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://davejustus.com/" >

Friday, August 20, 2004

New Swift Boat ad

You can see it here. Unlike the other ad, this one deals with what John Kerry did upon returning home from Vietnam. I think it is far more relevant than the ad attacking his medals. At most, that ad only speaks to his character, and even then it is mostly about his character as it was 30 years ago. This new ad, dealing with John Kerry's anti-war activities, which he as not repudiated, although he has said he regrets some of his language choices, seems to me to hit more to the heart of who John Kerry is. Some people view his anti-war activities as a positive. Some view them as a negative. Others don't care. But what he did then does I think speak a lot about who he is now, especially as he has made Vietnam the major theme of his campaign. I could respect John Kerry as a war hero. I could even respect him as a war protestor, although I disagree. The man trying to be both at the same time is harder to respect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home