< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://davejustus.com/" >

Friday, September 03, 2004

Contrast

SFGate.com:

That's the central difference between the GOP and the Democrats: The Democrats were willing to -- no, they chose to, by nominating Kerry -- sell out their core issue in order to beat George W. Bush. That's how fanatical their hatred is. Republicans, on the other hand, are willing to lose an election for a cause they believe in. Bush knew when he began that the war in Iraq could cost him the election, but he did what he thought was best. And he still isn't flinching. "He may lose this election. But the principle of how he conducts himself is more important than if he wins or loses the election," said California GOP Chairman Duf Sundheim. Let me be clear: I am not arguing that Bush is not political -- he is political. He's president. I am arguing that the Democratic Party has become so political that it stands for absolutely nothing. Dems know it, so they nominate men who also stand for nothing -- but raw ambition.
I'll freely admit I am biased here. But before 9/11 I enjoyed watching politics as merely a game. I enjoyed the strategys, the themes, the way each side tried to get an advantage so I consider myself fairly good at seeing things from a neutral perspective. With that being said, I think this analysis is dead on. And I think that is why we are seeing numbers like this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home