< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://davejustus.com/" >

Monday, September 27, 2004

Hillary

I didn't buy Hillary Clinton's Living History even though I think she is a fascinating character with a great story to tell. Problem is, I don't think right now she is at all interested in telling her story, so much as selling herself as a politician. While that can be interesting in its own way, that isn't the Hillary story I want to read. I have read two other Hillary books recently though, Rewriting History by Dick Morris and American Evita by Christopher Andersen. Both give essencially the same view of Hillary, although I was surprised that Dick Morris's book was the kinder of the two. Obviously neither book presents Hillary in a very favorable light, although some of the facts in her life are very interesting (although a number were missing from Living History). I am not much in favor of Hillary's politics. I am convinced that she would do anything to gain power and subverts her own moral beliefs to that quest. Even with those negatives however, I would prefer her as a candidate for President over John Kerry. On thing about her is that I am convinced she is tough. If you are interested in Hillary, but just want to read one book on her, I recommend Dick Morris's book.

2 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

Hmmm...

War hero. Anti-war group spokesman. 20 year senator who brought down BCCI and helped expose the Iran-Contra scandal. Primary candidate who masterfully engineered a thorough and unifying victory.

vs.

Faithful wife to a philandering president. Carpetbagging senator.

Personally, I do like much of Hillary's politics, but I think the subject of your contrast between her and Kerry is a little off-base.

9/27/2004 08:32:00 PM  
Blogger Nome said...

I'd have to agreee that Rewriting History is the better of the two books. American Evita has more of a gossipy, back-biting feel to it.

nome

9/28/2004 07:33:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home