< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://davejustus.com/" >

Monday, October 18, 2004

Changing Parties

This Boston Globe feature on voters who have been Democrat but are Voting for Bush or were Republicans but are voting for Kerry is interesting. One thing that seemed apparent to me is that a lot of them, based on the reasons they gave, probably should have changed parties years ago, but had been voting on a certain ticket for years because of 'history'. Between 9/11 and the War on Iraq I think a lot of voters are reevaluating what their political beliefs are in ways that they might not have done if we hadn't been through such momentous times. I expect a lot of previous non-voters are doing the same thing, which is one reason I think that the political polls may be way out of line with the final election results. I believe that these reactions are a good thing for our democracy no matter who wins this election.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home