< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://davejustus.com/" >

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

A great day.

Yesterday was a wonderful day for our democracy. I say that not because my guy won, although I am pleased by that, but because the election went off well. Our nation, once again, showed that democracy works. Record voter turnout. No major voting issues. And, perhaps in some ways most important, while terrorism and the war were a major issue in the campaign they were not the only issues. Americans showed a great deal of confidence in our nation and in our system. We should all, Democrat and Republican, be proud of that.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dave Justus said...

I fully understand your dissatisfaction with the results, but I feel it fair to point out that if you believe in the system at all, it is a pretty hubristic statement to want to through it all out just because your guy lost.

I would hope that you could be pleased with the strength of the system even while being disatisfied with the results.

11/09/2004 03:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home