< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://davejustus.com/" >

Friday, November 12, 2004

Police use stun gun on 6 year old.

CNN:

Police used a stun gun on a 6-year-old boy in his principal's office because he was wielding a piece of glass and threatening to hurt himself, officials said Thursday. The boy, who was not identified, was shocked with 50,000 volts on October 20 at Kelsey Pharr Elementary School.
I've known a few 6 year olds. I am surprised that 50,000 volts was enough to put him down.

4 Comments:

Blogger Man of Issachar said...

I liked the title of the article, was it me or was there some biasis in it.

Like they did not want stun guns used at all because they might be used against kids. Am i reading to much into it?

Anyways, they kid needed a good shock.

cube

11/12/2004 11:26:00 AM  
Blogger Random Gemini said...

Given recent commentary that I've heard about teachers getting their asses kicked by first graders, and the fact that there is nothing the teacher can actually do to restrain a child in these situations, I have come to the conclusion that someone has to be able to do something to stop people from being hurt.

I guess what I'm saying is, I don't find the use of a stun gun to be excessive force in this case. The stun gun, in all likelihood, saved this kid's life. As a parent, yeah, I'd be pissed about it at the time. But later, when things were put into perspective, I'd be glad the officer decided to use a taser.

11/12/2004 12:33:00 PM  
Blogger Dave Justus said...

Glad to have you on board Matt!

11/13/2004 01:51:00 AM  
Blogger Man of Issachar said...

Random Gemini ,
"I have come to the conclusion that someone has to be able to do something to stop people from being hurt."

yea i think it was called the second admendment :).

11/13/2004 08:58:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home