< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://davejustus.com/" >

Thursday, March 17, 2005

The Morality of Social Security

Dean Esmay posts on Social Security: The Moral Choice. He makes some very good points, but the summation at the end I think is the best:

That is the real question for each and every one of you who opposes moving Social Security to individually owned accounts. Do you really, in your heart of hearts, want to retire on the backs of your children and grandchildren? I didn't ask if you minded supporting your parents or grandparents. I asked you: Do you personally want to retire on your grandchildren's backs? Yes or no? That is not a rhetorical question. I urge anyone who opposes reform to answer that question, directly and without evasion. Because I believe that if you do answer it, and answer it honestly, very few of you will continue to oppose reform.
Read the whole thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home