< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://davejustus.com/" >

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

5 things

I have been tagged. So, here are five things that people with whom I generally associate think are really cool, but that leave me cold. 1) Open Office:Pretty much everyone I know has become an Open Office fan with the result that I can't read any documents they make unless they convert them to PDF first. I am perfectly happy with Microsoft Office. 2) Bitching about the Star Wars prequels: Yes, I admit that Jar Jar sucks. Other than that though, I like episodes I and II (super ninja Yoda was a bit much) and am very much looking forward to Revenge of the Sith. Darth Vader rocks and I still think that the happy, super good, yippee Anakin from Phantom Menace adds a whole lot of pathos to his story. 3) Anime: Not all, but a signifigant portion of my friends are way into Anime. There are some Anime that kick ass, but for me it is just a medium. I don't like a story more or less because it is Anime. If it is a good story told well, I'll like it. If it is stupid, overly cute, sappy drivel the fact that it is Anime does not win it any extra bonus points as far as I'm concerned. 4) World of Warcraft: I have several friends who are addicted to this. From observing, it appears that the game consists mostly of running slowly from one place to another. Apparently this is enjoyable. 5) Tech Gadgets: Most of my friends love having the latest and greatest and most gadgetty thing out there. If they can, they get them, if they can't they happily lust after them. For me these things are just tools, and mostly do things that I don't need. Whether it's the coolest new cell phone with a built in camera, to the latest handheld game device this sort of thing pretty much bores me. As my reward for completing this terribly annoying questionaire, I get to inflict it on others. Almost makes it worth it. So, I chose Stacy, Tsykoduk and Cube. Update: Tsykoduck's Answers Cube has a spot for answers, but no actual answers yet. Stacy's answers.

5 Comments:

Blogger Man of Issachar said...

what happesn if i refuse to participate

4/26/2005 08:14:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We show up at your blog at midnight, with tp in hand.

chortle

:)

4/26/2005 08:37:00 AM  
Blogger Man of Issachar said...

uncomplete answers here
http://sandcastlesandcubicles.blogspot.com/2005/04/5-things.html

4/26/2005 02:03:00 PM  
Blogger Random Gemini said...

Mine's done!

4/26/2005 09:12:00 PM  
Blogger RFTR said...

Is World of Warcraft the same kind of concept as Shadowbane?

If so, then it really is running from place to place, but you're leaving out the best part.

As you're trying to improve your character, you will constantly be slaughtered by people who do nothing but play the game and are leveled so high that they're effectively immortal.

5/02/2005 04:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home