< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://davejustus.com/" >

Monday, June 27, 2005

Alice Cooper on Iraq

I love Alice Cooper, one of my all time favorite artists. I don't particularly ascribe any weight to the political views of musicians, or other artists, and no matter what they think I will like their work based upon their work, not their political views. This is pretty cool anyway:ENOUGH ROPE with Andrew Denton - Transcript: Alice Cooper:

ANDREW DENTON: A lot of people in rock and roll, it's very fashionable to despise George W. Bush. That's not a view you subscribe to, is it? ALICE COOPER: Well, I think if you're in a war, you don't want a poodle in there, you want a pit bull. I don't think that you want a guy in there going, 'Gee, I don't know. Maybe. Could be.' I think you want a guy in there who's either going to win it or lose it. ANDREW DENTON: Are you referring to Iraq or the broader war against al-Qaeda? ALICE COOPER: I just think that that war's going to go on for a long time, whoever is the President. If it would have been Kerry, he would have been just as knee deep in it. I don't think Bush got us into that war. I think that started 9/11 and I think somebody had to take it from there. ANDREW DENTON: It doesn't worry you, the false connection that was made between 9/11 and Saddam Hussein, all that stuff that's been shown? ALICE COOPER: No. It doesn't bother me because I honestly think it's all connected.
(via Environmental Republican and Tim Blair)

3 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

precisely what I'd say if I were in Alice's place.The important thing to note here is the end to her last statement "it's all connected." Yes, yes and yes!!! Either Alice Cooper is a genius or she's just one gutsy, common-sense propelled woman. I also like her comments concerning the fact that had Kerry been chosen things wouldn't look much different. I support Bush but I also think that Kerry has enough brains to have taken a similar foreign policy (if not a more aggressive one) as Bush had he been elected(please tell me what you think about this, Dave).

"...everything is connected." Had it not been for Saddam repeatedly ignoring U.S. warnings (forget the U.N and Europe: prostitutes aren't invited), murdering thousands of Kurds, and torturing hundreds of Iraqi opposition members(besides countless other crimes against humanity) whether nukes or no nukes the U.S. would have been forced to act sooner or later. That Bush has taken it upon himself and his administration and the heroic Ameican soldiers serving under fire in Iraq, makes me proud to have American citizenship whether I'm in Israel or Chicago.

And for all those who think Bush is a war-monger because of what he's done, I suggest you try the following: next time somebody hurts your feelings, lets you down, punches you in the face...what have you, turn the other cheek and ask for more. You'll be performing your task as a whining Left-wing defeatist!

6/28/2005 09:46:00 AM  
Blogger Dave Justus said...

FYI: Alice Cooper is a guy.

6/28/2005 10:24:00 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

Oh...whoops...my bad

6/28/2005 11:39:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home