< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://davejustus.com/" >

Monday, June 27, 2005

Alice Cooper on Iraq

I love Alice Cooper, one of my all time favorite artists. I don't particularly ascribe any weight to the political views of musicians, or other artists, and no matter what they think I will like their work based upon their work, not their political views. This is pretty cool anyway:ENOUGH ROPE with Andrew Denton - Transcript: Alice Cooper:

ANDREW DENTON: A lot of people in rock and roll, it's very fashionable to despise George W. Bush. That's not a view you subscribe to, is it? ALICE COOPER: Well, I think if you're in a war, you don't want a poodle in there, you want a pit bull. I don't think that you want a guy in there going, 'Gee, I don't know. Maybe. Could be.' I think you want a guy in there who's either going to win it or lose it. ANDREW DENTON: Are you referring to Iraq or the broader war against al-Qaeda? ALICE COOPER: I just think that that war's going to go on for a long time, whoever is the President. If it would have been Kerry, he would have been just as knee deep in it. I don't think Bush got us into that war. I think that started 9/11 and I think somebody had to take it from there. ANDREW DENTON: It doesn't worry you, the false connection that was made between 9/11 and Saddam Hussein, all that stuff that's been shown? ALICE COOPER: No. It doesn't bother me because I honestly think it's all connected.
(via Environmental Republican and Tim Blair)

1 Comments:

Blogger Dave Justus said...

FYI: Alice Cooper is a guy.

6/28/2005 10:24:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home