< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://davejustus.com/" >

Monday, June 27, 2005

Hostage hires bounty hunters

smh.com.au:

A hostage held alongside Australian Douglas Wood in Iraq has hired bounty hunters to track down his former captors, promising to eliminate them one by one. Swede Ulf Hjertstrom, who was held for several weeks with Mr Wood in Baghdad, was released by his kidnappers on May 30.
I am not sure what I think about this. I will shed no tears if the hostage takers are killed by bounty hunters. I certainly understand, and in a way, approve of, the desire by Hjertstrom to get these guys. On the other hand, I am not Libertarian enough to believe in private policing, and I wonder if this sort if activity won't increase, rather than decrease, the lawlessness in Iraq. (via Instapundit)

2 Comments:

Blogger RFTR said...

I'm ok with it.

6/27/2005 02:12:00 PM  
Blogger Man of Issachar said...

it depends on the quality of the bounty hunters.

if he pays for good professional ones, it will decrease the lawlessness, else it will probably increase it.

The problem there is not clear market indicators for which bounty hunters are professional.

6/28/2005 07:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home