< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://davejustus.com/" >

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Beam him up

Yahoo! News:

James Doohan, the burly chief engineer of the Starship Enterprise in the original 'Star Trek' TV series and movies who responded to the command 'Beam me up, Scotty,' died Wednesday. He was 85. Doohan died at 5:30 a.m. at his Redmond, Wash., home with his wife of 28 years, Wende, at his side, Los Angeles agent and longtime friend Steve Stevens said. The cause of death was pneumonia and Alzheimer's disease, he said.
Scotty is probably my favorite of the original cast. James Doohan brought a sense of fun to the role that I always appreciated. He will be missed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mystic Knight said...

I second this. James Doohan was always great, and I am glad I got the chance to meet with him on several occasions.

He was always nice to the fans and, like DeForest Kelly before him, he will be missed by me.

Luckily, he had the opportunity to live long and prosper.

7/21/2005 01:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home