< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://davejustus.com/" >

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Suicide bomb kills Iraqi children as soldiers give them sweets

Times Online:

A suicide bomber drove his car alongside American soldiers handing out sweets to children in Baghdad this morning and detonated the vehicle, killing as many as 24 people, most of them children. The US military said one soldier had died and at least seven Iraqi childen had been killed in the explosion. Iraqi officials put the death toll at 24. Three soldiers and 18 other passers-by were wounded in the attack. A US military statement said that bomber approached the troops in a neighbourhood in the east of the city when the vehicle, laden with explosives, drove up to a Humvee armoured personnel carrier before detonating. 'Many Iraqi civilians, mostly children, were around the Humvee at the time of the blast,' said the statement, which added that the explosion set a nearby building on fire.
You have probably seen this already, but it had to be posted. What sort of monster would do this. Sadly though, we cannot be surprised as this, we have seen it before and we will see it again.

1 Comments:

Blogger Eitan Ha'ahzari said...

My prayers are with the wounded; my solace with the relatives of the dead. Too bad I can't be there to help. I'd like to take some kind of part in all this commotion and upheavel. My heart burns from sadness and frustration. Sadness for those who are no more; frustration with only myself for not being able to help when help is so neccessary.

Dave, I'll probably be MIA for a little bit again so don't get offended if I don't comment for a while. Sorry. I'll definitely catch up with your site as soon as my exams are finally over...God, how I hate school:)

7/14/2005 09:33:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home