< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://davejustus.com/" >

Thursday, July 28, 2005

A tempting solution...

MOSNEWS.COM:

Russia’s most (in)famous spammer, Vardan Kushnir, 35, was dead in his apartment in downtown Moscow on Monday, July 25. Someone repeatedly smashed his head with a heavy object, authorities say, and then ransacked his entire apartment. The authorities have obviously got no clue as to who that someone might have been. And, as a matter of fact, they don’t seem to really care: every day between 10 and 20 people meet a violent death in Russia’s capital, and a significant part of those crimes remains unsolved (Russia’s Interior Ministry reports 1,935 unsolved murders, 73,000 burglaries and 11,400 robberies between January and May in this year alone). There is no reason for Moscow’s law enforcement officials to give Kushnir’s case any special treatment, so they most probably won’t. But the Moscow-based media is awash with comments and speculations, expounding one simple, albeit largely irrational, theory: someone (ranging from God almighty to an irate IT office worker) finally punished Vardan Kushnir for his seemingly unstoppable spamming activities.
You gotta admit, there are days when this seems like a fair punishment... (via Gaijin Biker)

1 Comments:

Blogger Eitan Ha'ahzari said...

Dave, sorry about the disappearance act. I'm coming to Chicago on Aug.4th and I'll email u once I'm there. Right now things are very busy, though.

Concerning the article, Russia is a virtual dump...scratch virtual. As you know, I was born there and from my few experiences I can tell you the Russian people hardly ever play fair. Its a very tough, poverty-stricken, human-rights-deprived, and completely broken by years upon years of humiliation people.

Although I have my reasons to hate them, sometimes I sympathize very with them to a storng degree. I've never gone back to visit my birthplace,and don't intend on ever doing so out of spite for the persecution my family faced at the hands of the Soviet regime. Nevertheless,I see Russia as one of the prime "breakers or makers" of our world's future.

Nice post!

7/29/2005 12:30:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home