< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://davejustus.com/" >

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Disturbing

Boston.com:

A Chinese artist who grafted the head of a human fetus onto the body of a bird has defended his work as art after a Swiss museum withdrew the piece from an exhibit. 'It's precisely because I respect all life that I did this,' artist Xiao Yu said Tuesday. He said the bird and fetus 'died because there was something wrong with them. ... I thought putting them together like this was a way for them to have another life.'
Warning for those with weak stomachs, the link has a small picture of this artwork and it is freakish to say the least. All I could think about seeing this article was, Jack Nicholson's line from Batman, "I don't know if it's art, but I like it." I don't like this art, and I think that the man who made it is about as sane as Nicholson's Joker.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home