< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://davejustus.com/" >

Monday, August 29, 2005

Optimism

It's Monday, so The Skeptical Optimist has new posts up. this one on debt and growth has a bit in that matches my philosophy quite closely:

Growth defeats poverty; growth improves both the human condition and the environment; growth eases or eliminates the interest burden of debt; growth results not from greed, but from benevolence; growth emerges best in free societies with free markets. The optimistic viewpoint is not only more fun, it has been a much better predictor of the future than the pessimistic viewpoint. That’s why I’m an optimist, that’s why I gave up on the doomsayers, and that’s why I talk about economic growth a lot in this weblog.
Optomism in many areas, not just economics, seems to me to be a far more realistic outlook on life than pessimism is. Read the rest of his post too, as always.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home