< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://davejustus.com/" >

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Transparent aluminum

Air Force testing new transparent armor:

Engineers here are testing a new kind of transparent armor -- stronger and lighter than traditional materials -- that could stop armor-piercing weapons from penetrating vehicle windows. The Air Force Research Laboratory's materials and manufacturing directorate is testing aluminum oxynitride -- ALONtm -- as a replacement for the traditional multi-layered glass transparencies now used in existing ground and air armored vehicles.
Beam me up Scotty! (via Vodkapundit)

3 Comments:

Blogger Man of Issachar said...

I want a car made out of this stuff.

10/20/2005 10:12:00 AM  
Blogger Dave Justus said...

If we can just get those darn transporters working you won't need the car.

10/20/2005 10:31:00 AM  
Blogger Man of Issachar said...

Having my atoms rearraged...no thanks, though I would gladly get my stuff from amazon shipped to me that way.

10/20/2005 06:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home