< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://davejustus.com/" >

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Scott Adams on ID

The creator of Dilbert offers his take on the ID debate which is pretty much exactly how I feel about the whole thing.

First of all, you’d be hard pressed to find a useful debate about Darwinism and Intelligent Design, of the sort that you could use to form your own opinion. I can’t find one, and I’ve looked. What you have instead is each side misrepresenting the other’s position and then making a good argument for why the misrepresentation is wrong. (If you don’t believe me, just watch the comments I get to this post.) To make things more complicated, both sides have good and bad arguments lumped into them. If you make a good argument on your side, I respond by attacking your bad argument instead. If it were a debate contest, both sides would lose.
Read the whole thing. (via Dean's World)

1 Comments:

Blogger Man of Issachar said...

He is surprisingly smart for a guy that draws with crayons all day.

11/17/2005 12:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home